Darkness of Elbows and Knees is the common problem for everyone. Sun exposure and a build-up of dead skin cells are the main reason of darkness. People use many products to get rid from darkness. But almost every product made through chemicals that are really harmful for our skin if chemicals not suits on our skin.
There are two methods of removing darkness of elbows and knees. These are as follows:
- First Method: Using home remedies
- lemon juice:
Lemon contains citric acid and it is the natural bleaching agent. Apply lemon juice on your elbows to get rid fro darkness.
- heavy cream and turmeric:
Mix heavy cream and turmeric and then apply it on your elbows and knees.
- Milk and baking soda:
Prepare a paste of milk and baking soda and apply it on elbows and knees. It helps to lighten elbows and knees.
- yogurt and vinegar:
Mixture of yogurt and vinegar contain lactic and acetic acid which helps to lighten the color of your skin.
- Lemon juice and yogurt:
Make a paste of lemon juice and yogurt then apply it on dark skin. Wait 10 to 20 minutes until dry then wash it with water and soap.
- Second Method : Exfoliating and moisturizing
- Scrub your elbows to get rid from dead and dry skin cells.
Apply exfoliating shower gel through washcloth. It will remove your dead skin cells.
On the other hand, you can make yourself a sugar scrub with the use of 2 parts sugar (brown or white) and 1 part oil( coconut, almond, or olive). Prepare it and apply it on your dark skin.
- Moisturize your elbow and knees after scrubbing. This will remove your dead dark skin. To get best results, use lotions which contain jojoba oil, shea butter or olive oil.
- Use sunscreen before going out in the sun. it will help to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.